Thursday, May 13, 2010

Binding is my Bain...

I'm so close to being finished with my first quilt that I can taste it.  It's been a steep learning curve, but I've been really proud of my progress.  That was until I got to binding.  The last step between me and a finished quilt is apparently the hardest step.  I machine quilted the binding to the face of the quilt and I've been hand stitching the binding to the back.  I stitch, I pick out my stitches.  I stitch, I pick out my stitches...



Then I invested in some binding clips and it's gotten much easier.  Perhaps I'll finish this weekend. 

Note the beautiful batik used for backing on this quilt is from the stash my mother-in-law gifted me.  I really am one luck girl.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta say that binding has been the toughest part for me too!

    ReplyDelete